View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #60
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

For the bed floor, I again went with 65standards method... drill out the spotwelds that hold the rear most cross sill to the floor, remove 8 inches of the beds length, then flatten out the last 1/2" and "tip" it over like it was done from The General. I've made the cuts but have yet to re attach the rear sill.

My floor does have some heavy pitting so I may end up covering it with some sort of rhino liner. Truthfully, I want a wood floor. I've come so close to ordering the needed parts to convert to a wood floor many times. I guess the reason I haven't pulled the trigger is it won't help the truck get back on the road any faster. In fact, I would probably add another few months to the project while I play with my new wood floor. I'm going to really try and hold off on that.

The third pic shows the diamond tipped cutoff wheel I used. I recommend it for making thinner cuts than using a standard grinding wheel. It helps you keep a straight line also.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote