View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:35 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Just Can't Wrap My Brain Around it...

Hey, Saturns are no more, and for a good many years now. What, like 15 years since GM shut it down? That adds to the historic value, like Covairs AACA voted in as antique way before 25 years because they ceased to exist and were so different.

I remember in '65 my one friend's older brother had a brand new '65 Impala SS and a guy I played Little League baseball with had a brother with a '65 GTO. We looked back on '55 Chevys as old cars. You didn't see them in driveways except young guys hopping them up. Only 10 years old, and a 20 year old Chevy was ancient. Not to be seen running around. My '95 Suburban is 28 years old.

Maryland also has Street Rod tags. I'm not sure why, because Historic Registration doesn't require the vehicle to be original or unmodified. The Street Rod criteria calls for a minimum of 18 modifications. I guess they're thinking of T-Buckets and such. But I have counted more than that on some of my 67-72s. I saw a full race '57 Chevy pro-mod in the Safeway parking lot with street rod tags. Tube chassis, 1pc composite body, airbrushes lights, center seat, slicks, chute, wheelie bars, plexiglass windows. Pretty unbelievable. Nothing on it from an actual '57 Chevy. Not sure how he managed it, even if he used a '57 VIN-plate that would have obviously been removed and attached to this newly built car

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-20-2023 at 10:42 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote