View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #1
Pick121

“George” the 1964 C10 Fleetside LWB

Hi folks, here will reside the refurbishing project for our 1964 C10 affectionately named “George” by my son when he was 16 and bought him. The truck is in pretty decent shape considering it is the same age as I am haha.
The good news is it is pretty straight with minimal rust, it runs, stops, and good tires. Came with a 350 V8 GM Crate motor (Hecho en Mexico), 4sp manual trans with the granny low, DUI Street/Strip distributor, new aluminum radiator with electric fan, wide rear wheels. The goal is to keep it mainly stock, make it a reliable work truck and daily driver. Now for the punch list! In no particular order
  • Single master cylinder, change to dual
  • Wiring throughout is spaghetti, wire nuts, weak crimp connectors, and fuse panel has broken fuse holder. Signal lights and brake lights not working.
  • Runs rough/lacks power, and gets really hot, I am hoping it’s just timing & a thermostat
  • Battery dies within a couple days being parked, so for now it gets disconnected when not running - see wiring above!
  • Gauges that don’t work: Speedo (& Odo) Temp, Fuel, Amm, Dash lights. I do know the odo cable is not connected.
  • Lots of holes drilled in the body- mirrors, tie downs, etc.
  • No wipers, but the wiper motor works
  • Driver door handle/linkage - have to roll the window down and open from outside once the door is shut
  • Window tracks, felt, door rubber all in bad shape or completely missing
  • Leaky and non functioning power steering system (reservoir is empty, pump might be burned up)
  • Horn, cab light don’t work
  • Heat/Def cable and knobs all messed up
  • Cosmetic, but funky shifter boot and disintegrated rubber floor mat, gaping holes in doors for 6x9 speakers, radio hole massacred for slide in stereo (MIA)
  • Wood bed rotting out, PO laid a piece of plywood over and screwed down and now that too is rotting!
  • Paint appears to be just primer, with surface rust showing through maybe from under the primer?
  • Remove funky push bars from front bumper
  • Get some 60’s period black/yellow license plates, there is only one rear plate anyway and it is trashed and the blue/yellow looks awful

Lots more photos to follow, thanks in advance for the help, advice, expertise!
Attached Images

Last edited by Pick121; 02-06-2021 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote