View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #86
19Chevy67C10

Re: 1968 Chevrolet SWB Stepside Restomod

I'm sure watching this build and can really appreciate doing the work outside! I also would like a infusion of cash to come my way! Keep posting pics and God Bless....Kev C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
As you guys know money changes everything in build and since I just got a fresh infusion of cash I can do things that I previously couldnt afford like get the frame and suspension professionaly sand blasted and powder coated.

More than likely I will be tearing it all back down and reassembling in the spring, It will add about 14 hours on to the build and doing things twice isnt ideal to say the least but hey I've already put in around 100 hours and the end result will speak for itself.

Clean parts are alot faster to dissasemble and reassemble and while im at it I will go ahead and remove the bump stop brackets on the lower control arms in preperation for a 2" drop spindle incase the current 2" drop springs arent enough for my liking.

A major mile stone atleast in my mind will be when I get the rear suspension crossmember replaced, the frame notched and the frame and suspension is completely done.

Once I get it driving I will need to decide if a steering box upgrade is in order, the current one is a stock turning ratio and with a 14" steering wheel I may need to go with a quick ratio and if the happens I will send it off to Red Head to get it done right.

I like the idea of building an chevy engine that will take higher RPMs, something in the 8,000 to 8,500 range, a possible candidate is a 327 but I will explore my options.

I want to find a Ford 20/40/20 late model leather heated seat mainly because my woman has to ride in it and I want her to be comfortable.

It seems as if there are hundreds of things to do to finish the truck especialy now that I have some cash to spend on it but it's not really that bad and I will be accumilating all the parts this winter and as soon as I have a string of 50+ degree days this spring I will be assembling it rapidly but I gotta tell you that 2 months is a long ass time to wait when I want to be out there doing it right now.