View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #42
Chevyboy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
This question is asked quite frequently, and I always try and give my opinion on the subject since I have done this once, about 20 years ago. At the time I was involved in building a truck which consisted of a '62 body onto a '74 SWB chassis, I did not think about taking pics to document the process. This truck has remained in this local area, but I just have never seemed to be able to get any better pics. That is until this last June at our local car show. I just haven't been able to find the time to post these pics until now.

As you can see, the stance of the truck is a bit high. It sits about like a stock K10. I don't remember for sure, but I believe this truck is running 31/10.50-15's. Some guys seem to like it, and others don't. While I'm not into the whole 'laying frame/rockers' thing, I do prefer a lower stance than what this type of conversion provides. There is certainly a way to do this conversion and have a lower stance, by channeling the body over the frame. It is my opinion that this is just more work than is necessary. As always I will recommend keeping your existing frame if at all possible, and just upgrading the suspension with the '73-'87 parts.

Anyway, on to the pics. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.......
Posted via Mobile Device
Chevyboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote