View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
68mg

Greetings from Vancouver, WA

This is a great site! I joined back in 2020 and found a lot of great advice. A few years ago I started fixing up a '68 Med. Blue C10 Custom Camper, that we've had in the family a long time. It needs some rust repair, new bed sides, front fender and the original 327 rebuilt. So when I started looking to see if I could find any replacement beds that were better shape on Craigslist, I found another '68 C10 that didn't need too much work and ended up buying it to drive.

This newer to me '68 C10 is Light Green, Custom (see my Avatar pic) that originally had a 327/TH400 but had a replacement 350/TH350 when I got it. It does have the original 3:73 posi, HD Rear Coil Springs, Aux Springs and a wood floor. It's been a farm truck for most of it's life and I continue to use if to haul hay and other farm chores. My daughter loves the color and has claimed it if I ever want to get rid of it.

Then a couple of years ago I really needed a C20 to haul a camper so I found a '69 Maroon C20 CST Custom Camper which I just started to fix up. It was originally a BB one with a 396 and high hump cab, but only had a replacement 350 when I got it. It does have the original TH400, Dana 60 with 3:54 gears, HD rear coil springs and Aux. springs. I'll have to get some pictures of it posted.

So I definitely have quite a few projects to keep me busy for quite a few years and this site has been a great resource. The trucks all have the conventional two-tone paint with white cab roofs ('68s ivory) and all were built in 1968 (the '69 was built in the Fall of 68). Thanks
68mg is offline   Reply With Quote