View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #11
RustyPile

Re: Calling All Wiring Gurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoke View Post
oh they didn't have bulbs haha it'd be nice if they worked, but since I usually don't need them (mostly drive this thing during the day), I thought it might help simplify...It seems like deleting that circuit might make things more complex, though, and I guess I should wire them back to keep it as stock as possible....I'll just have to figure out how to rewire the door switches...I'm not seeing any in this wiring diagram: https://imgur.com/a/Yfjpeqv. Am I missing it?

Yeah it looks like it's an alarm / remote start - has the exact same connectors as the one in the attached picture...I'd like to undo all the hacking and take things back to somewhat normal. Would you recommend just soldering / heat shrinking most connections or what?

Also I'd like to replace the fuse box with something modern while I'm doing this - those glass fuses are a pain to get out and I'd like extra space to put in connections down the road. Any recommendations?
I described the courtesy light circuit in post #5..

As for your question concerning "something more modern"... Replace all wiring with an aftermarket system such as AAW, Painless, ect...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote