View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #41
oem4me

Re: The rare "Red Seat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedebris View Post
I dont know how accurate or true this is, but I was told that the "red" seat was an option on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks/burbs/panels that were painted either silver or white. These "red" seats had extra padding to be more comfortable and were a dealer special. It was not a "request-able" option.

I got this from an old chevy dealer (neighbor of a friend). But my friend says that he is starting to get a little senile. Take it for what it is worth.
Ok everybody, take look at the copy in the piece of literature here. What the old man said could be interpreted as correct, sort of. Not so sure about the 3/4 and 1 ton bit, but the lit states if you ordered the custom comfort package which included a seat with "extra padding", AND the exterior color happened to be red, white, or gray, then you automatically got the red vinyl.
NOW... to prove or disprove this, let's get a count on how many of you have seen a '62-'65 (I think only these years) truck or suburban that was FACTORY painted red, white, or gray and had a FAWN custom comfort seat. If you know of such a set-up, then this kind of proves the red was optional, no?
Attached Images

oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote