View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 05:12 PM   #195
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Mothballs, bright lights, and keeping the hood open are OK for keeping packrats at bay. Don't bother with the Irish Spring soap trick. Doesn't work. My packrats just ate the soap too.
Look on your Honda service invoice. Did they charge you $70 for Rodent Tape?

On the EJ22 engine on my old '92 Subaru Legacy there is a Cam Angle Sensor cable harness. A mini canister [much like a points condenser] with Red, White and Black 22 gauge wires inside a loose woven wire shielding, ending with some terminals that plugged into the ECM harness under the throttle body. Running right thru Mr + Mrs Packrat's bedroom. After the rats redecorated, the open in the CAS line caused a No Start gripe. I tried splicing the wires back together, still no good.
I called O'Reilly's. They could special-order me one for over$300. I called Tucson Subaru, for a loyal Subaru customer like me, they'd sell me one for $242. Then I called Ruthrauf Road Pock-A-Part. Yeah, they had some old Subarus, come and take a look. I paid $2 admission at the gate. I saw a '91 Legacy with the same engine. It had an intact CAS cable! Cost me $5, and it worked.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 11-09-2021 at 05:18 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote