View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
HEI451
Account Suspended

Re: Tv kickdown cable

I'll stick with doing it the right way, as outlined in the GM manual, that is what fixed the 30 or so BTOD disasters I have had to have re-rbuilt by other, much, much better shops than BTOD.

And, I WAS one of the persons that prompted the late Steve Holmes to "design" his "fix" bracket set after I had redone so many of his transmissions that went south because he didn't have any instructions on how to do the trans cable at all, before his brackets were even "invented".

There is a whole car club in So. Cal., that will not have anything to do with BTOD, because everyone in that club had problems with their BTOD transmissions.

I'm NOT stupid, nor care to use things that do not work, and, from much personal experience, the BTOD setup ISN'T the cat's meow in this bracket setup. What did fix those cable setups, was following the GM manual setups to the letter, THEY fixed the issues, long before BTOD ever got off their 6 and "invented" their cable bracket. To get that first BTOD trans fixed after they told me, and the car owner, that if the trans went away, it was ALL OUR FAULT, and that they wouldn't stand behind their work. What they also did not tell us, was anything at all, either in their instructions, nor over the tech lines, of how to set the trans cable up, period. I had to go to Don Steves Chevrolet, in La Habra, Ca., to get the right info, from the factory manual, on how to do it right.

BTOD, NO, THANKS, there are a lot better ways to do it right, and their stuff ain't it.
HEI451 is offline   Reply With Quote