View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:00 AM   #70
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

I happened to pick up a Currie 9" for a 67 . I also snagged this.

Should be a big upgrade and about 100lbs lighter (guessing). I can pick up the 9", I can barely move one side of the old HO72.

Specs:
  • 5x5 BCD
  • Disc brakes w/ integrated parking brake
  • 31 spline axles
  • 3.50 Detroit Truetrac Differential
  • Should hold up to future HP plans

This triggers some rethinking of my plans.

Originally I had on my list:
  • Poly trailing arm bushings (already bought)
  • 450 lb HD 4" lowering springs (already bought, was thinking double duty)
  • No limit shock relocation kit (or DIY equivalent, but I don't like the layback shock)
  • Re-use lowering blocks
  • Shorten and re-weld panhard bar
  • No rear sway bar

I am now doing some more research. I want to stay with the 3/4 ton trailing arms (but stitch welded). I don't think I want the burley 450lb springs, it sounds like these trucks don't like to be oversprung if you want them to hookup/turn. It sounds like 200 +/- 25 lbs is what I am seeing, with an airbag helper if you need to load up the bed. I still plan to not run a rear sway bar (a hold over from what I learned from Miatas). I have sent a PM to Rob at No Limit, as well as placed a call today but missed them both times.

I am thinking of going with a long-travel coilover, but I don't really like the off the shelf bolt on options for my combination. I am thinking that a weld on bracket kit, since my rear end isn't painted, would make a lot of sense. I am leaning towards either a QA1 or Ridetech single adjustable coilover.

I am looking for suggestions/experiences. I have read most of the "make it handle" thread, as well as shopped around. I am having trouble finding the shock specifications to build out a coilover that should work well.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote