View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman63 View Post
This is gonna be great!

I don't know about great. It may be better entertainment for you spectators watching this experiment fail.

Anyway, started fixing the rear hatch. It has a section cracked out where the support strut attaches and a crack by one of the hinges that goes down to the glass. First thing was to check on how to repair fiberglass. Couple web sites talk about how to repair boats from impact damage, which is a little different, but the idea still applies. They suggested using epoxy. Well, heck, I got some of that. So the support plate that was busted out is now epoxied into place. I will re-inforce that area with more epoxy on the inside and a little outside. After I'm satisfied I'll close up the hole using epoxy to hold a slim wood backer (door shim), then lay the busted piece back in after trimming. The crack I will spread open slightly and push more epoxy into.

The handle is missing a couple clips and the key, so I will have to investigate that problem. I don't care so much if it locks, I just want it to latch and open. Seems like there have been threads discussing this in the past. I'll search, but if anyone has some good info, please pass it along.

I also found the cam ID. It's a Comp Cams 268H, described by them as: "268H High Energy™ is our most versatile cam. It is a great high performance cam for small blocks and a powerful cam for big blocks. With its noticeable idle and great all-around power, the 268H cam is great for daily driven performance vehicles. The 268H cam is an ideal cam for pickup drivers who want major power increases. It is also good for big blocks towing heavy loads equipped with lower optional rear end gears."

I think that may be about as perfect as I could get.
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 05-27-2007 at 05:56 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote