View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #35
Seanext

Re: 1972 C30 Dump truck

Update. I stopped on the project because I was having issues with the title. NC is pretty strict on the title process but got the guy I bought it from to meet me at the DMV and finally got all their paperwork to their liking and $364.90 latter I have a title and tag in hand Friday. I didn't want to spend any more time or money on the truck until I knew for sure it was mine.
Got back on it Sat and four cans of degreaser and pressure washed the engine bay and got 50 years of dirt and grease off the engine. Moved it under it own power from a gas can so I could get started on the necessary repairs. I pulled the tank and it has a patch on the bottom where someone used some kind of epoxy. This is why the gas smell. So a new tank is in order. I pulled the gas line loose at the carb and you guessed it no filter it had been removed at some point. I have ordered filter, fuel pump, hard lines and will get rubber lines local. I then moved to the drive line. Pulled the drive shaft and it is bent pretty bad. No home repairs possible so I will take it to the drive line shop tomorrow. I found three different size bolts holding the drive shaft in. This was a true farm truck what ever they found in the bolt bucket that was close went in. While I was under the truck found a second PTO cable that I guess was broke at sometime, so they just left it and put a new one in.
It is going to take some time to get all the little stuff taken care of just to be able to drive it. Good news brake work great. However all the parking brake stuff has been removed. LOL
Let the fun begin.
Seanext is offline   Reply With Quote