View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #44
truckin 79

Re: Exxon profits are up!

The wife and I own mineral rights in Oklahoma and we see monthly checks from various companies. That total around 8-10k a year and has not changed for the last 8-10 years. Wither gas is near 5 dollars a gallon or 2 dollars at the pump , so we are not seeing the difference. The explanation from one person we dealt with told us oil costs the same getting it out of the ground, the profit is when it is sold. We get offers all the time to buy our mineral rights but not nearly as many to lease. So pretty easy to see who gets the profits from the oil being produced. It amazes me people blame everyone for high gas prices but the oil companies themselves. Oil is in every product from plastics to make-up so they are making profits regardless. I am all for companies making a profit but to keep supply low to inflate the price is wrong, that is what OPEC has been doing. Not to mention Exxon a billion dollar company paid less then 3% in taxes. So lets not prop Exxon up as some kind of victim of the Government.
https://www.americanprogress.org/art...income%20taxes.