View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #24
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: I got ripped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I paid with Zelle. Which is Bank of America. That's one thing that spooked me with the shipper is that they didn't accept credit cards. Just Moneygram. Who runs a business like that? I've been to swap meets and they take credit cards. I bought a guitar from a chick at a swap meet and she swiped my card on her phone which kind of freaked me out. But she showed me how it worked. It was kind of amazing and she didn't rip me off. And she was pretty easy on the eyes.
Yeah, the first time I saw one of those little phone plug-in things, I was like...what? But it worked just fine.
I would never trust any company that didn't take a card. It's just safer for everyone.
There's a little "mom & pop" Chinese restaurant down the street from me. They have been in this dying strip mall for nearly 30 years. They have always been "cash only". They retired, passed it down to the oldest daughter, she kept it exactly the same.....until about 2 years ago. They take cards now. They must have been losing too many sales. I have literally seen people walk out because of that, while waiting for mine.
Those Money Gram things are essentially cash, not really traceable to who bought it. Has value to whoever has it in their possession.....ah, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote