Thread: 47-55.1 Aftermarket dashes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #5
rnrdthefox

Re: Aftermarket dashes

First, I appreciate all the comments and feedback. Here are some pics. I have three areas of concern. Two of them are under the trim area on the left and right. I could cut these out and fab a patch panel and bodywork it and most will be hidden by the trim. The third area is under the glove box. I can do a patch panel for this also including the inner frame that will need to be cut out and replaced. It's rusted more than the picture shows. I can weld this up and bodywork it too, although more difficult on the bottom. The rest of the dash, outside of a few dents, is in good shape.

I really don't want to pull the dash. I'd rather fix these areas as they sit, but I think I'd do a much better job with it out, especially the bottom. At that point, I start questioning if I should just replace with a new dash assuming the new one is a reasonable fit. As has been pointed out, I could look for a good original also (probably the best option if doing a R&R)

With it out, I'd do as much bodywork on it before I put it back also. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Thanks
Attached Images

rnrdthefox is offline   Reply With Quote