View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:58 AM   #40
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: I'm going to blow up my garage

As I said before, I generally don't lose things because they have a place. The biggest problem with that is when it does happen. WTH? Where did it go? How did it go?
Last Saturday, I went to visit my mom. She lives about 20 miles away, so it's no big deal, but not 5 minutes away to just "stop by whenever" either. I was there for several hours, cooked out, talked about stuff, etc. Then head home in the early evening, intending to do some grocery shopping on the way. Reflexively reaching for my wallet as I drove. I carry a mini wallet, that is basically the size of a credit card and about 3/8" thick, in my front pocket. It wasn't there, instant panic/freak-out. I have dropped it before, while wearing these particular shorts, especially in low seating. The pockets don't slide down when sitting, so they tip up when knees are higher than my hips. I usually notice it though.
First thought, call her and ask her to look it the couch where I was sitting. She looked there, under the dining room table, and even out on the patio.....nope, not there.
Ok, well maybe I left it at home? I usually do the "pat down" for keys, wallet, phone, etc. when leaving, but it is possible I didn't?
I continue home, knowing exactly where it will be, assuming I left it where I know it was last. Nope! not there either, instant freak-out. I went crazy searching, even going to places that I know full-well weren't even possible. Turned over the recliner, went through the last load of laundry, everything.
Then I went to the truck and searched it thoroughly, still nothing. I hadn't been anywhere else, so it had to be in my house....or hers. I called her back and she searched again, this time actually pulling the cushions off and running her hands around the edges. There it was! Now I have to make that drive again, but the freak-out was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote