View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
1957_Chevy_Truck

Re: My Dad and I's 57 Chevy Truck Build (Low Budget)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
i wouldn't classify the dropped axle and mono leafs being on a low buck build. I lowered my 56 with a 3" dropped axle and mono's up front with some 6" dropped mono's in the rear and it would have been quicker and more cost effective to weld in a Camaro clip. I'm about the same into my solid axle front end that you would pay for a good weld in IFS
The only thing about the ifs is that my dad doesn't want to cut up my frame. I want the truck to sit low and showed him a lot of threads of camaro clip installs, but he doesn't want to do that. I am with you about the Camaro Clip, I want an ifs and explained to him that it would be more cost effective, like you said, to put a camaro clip in. He will probally end up paying a good bit of money to put discs on the front when he could buy a camaro clip that already has discs. I am 14 years old and my dad doesn't want to have a lot of money into this. I am eventually going to have to pay him the money that we have into the build. I know that he has the ability to do a camaro clip, but he just doesn't want to do that.
1957_Chevy_Truck is offline   Reply With Quote