View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #83
Woodnears

Re: Daves new 68 chevy swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Just a word of caution, from experience...

Having had a short exhaust system that dumped under the cab and moving it to just in front of the rear axle, you should know that the shorter the exhaust, the louder it is and the more likely it will drone/resonate inside the cab. It was awful with my Flowmaster Original 40 series mufflers. They sounded great from outside of the truck, but anything more than 15 minutes in the cab made my ears ring. After stretching it to put the mufflers under the bed mad a huge difference in the drone in the cab. They're still aggressive sounding, but not as obnoxious inside.

With that said, a milder muffler on a short system might not bee too bad. I haven't heard a short system that sounded mellow, but everyone I've seen and actually heard had an aggressive muffler on it.

Your truck is looking killer!
What you are describing is exactly what I am trying to avoid! I just need to figure out how to get mufflers out behind the cab i guess. its tricky with all the porterbuilt components in there. Thanks for that piece of advice! Nothing is ever easy is it?