View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #2362
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronald_70GMC View Post
Looks great. What exactly does a square drill bit look like?
Thanks! It looks a lot like a normal bit with a whole lot more work behind it For these, I center-punched, drilled a pilot, then step-bitted them up to 5/16” (the diameter of the stainless carriage bolts I’m using). I then used 4 pieces of painters tape to ‘draw’ a square touching the edges of the hole, a fine toothed jigsaw blade to rough out the corners, then a triangle file by hand to finish fit the square holes to the bolt heads. PITA, but I’m too cheap to buy the correct $200 punch for 14 holes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
That looks awesome.
Thanks! I’m liking it, too
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
Very nice! That’s the route I’m planning to finish my bedwood. I love this look!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Keith, it does look good. All black with just enough stainless bolt heads to break it up a bit. I’m not sure on the durability of the Behr paint though. I’m thinking a 2-part polyurethane hot rod black would probably be better, but who am I to argue with Mar-K’s test results

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote