View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
n33k0

Re: Headlight Switch Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
What you are missing is the orange wire power to the headlight switch. It appears that you have an orange wire to the switch plug which originates at the fuse panel.

notice the orange wire in the diagram that starts at the fuse panel in this pic.

Attachment 1450661

This one shows the orange wire to the headlight switch. This is a full time hot wire so check it for power at the headlight plug, and at the tail stop fuse.
I can't seem to find it right now but I'll post it later if I find it.

So I need to check that the orange wire is getting power at the fuse box? I remember seeing the orange connection when cleaning the back of the fuse box, but it didn't have a clip-on connection like the other wires, it was either soldered or crimped directly to the back of the fuse panel. Because of that I wasn't able to clean the contact surface, and didn't pay much attention to that connection.

If I understand correctly, the orange wire should have power all the time... it currently does not get any power unless I manually connect it to a 12v source with a spare piece of wire. Looking at the diagram, it looks like the orange wire gets its power through a circuit connected to the red wire on the back of the fuse box (black line connect red and orange wires)? Could it be that the circuit between the red and orange wires is broken (behind the fuse panel), and that's why everything works when I complete the circuit with the added wire at the headlight switch plug? Sorry if I got it all wrong, I don't have much experience reading wiring diagrams
n33k0 is offline   Reply With Quote