View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Exclamation Am I Expecting Too Much?

A week or so ago, I purchased a set of new, never installed ceramic coated headers from another borad member. I have to say I got a decent deal on them, or at least I thought so. Well yesterday I picked them up at the Post Office. When I opened the box up, there they were all beat up from banging around in the box. The seller did not even attempt to package them so as to protect them from damaging the ceramic coating on each other. I guess I just assumed he would do as I would do, by wrapping them in a plastic bag, bubble wrap, or something, not just toss them in the box and send them off.

So I sent him a PM last night, and he basically told me I'm SOL because he's not responsible for the damage the Postal service did. He claims that he packaged them the same way as he received them from Summit, and they were not damaged when he got them. I have not bought ceramic coated headers before, but the plain painted ones even come in a plastic bag.

So my question to you guys is. Am I expecting too much from a seller in thinking he should at least make an attempt to ensure the item I purchased from him arrives to me in the same condition as when he shipped it? With everything I sell here on the board, I do my best to make sure my customers receive their parts in as near perfect condition as possible.

I'm just a bit PO'd since my good deal on a set of new headers, will now cost me more than a new set, if I want to have these re-coated to new condition.

Here's a few pics, to prove I'm not just bs'n. There are a few areas where the it is down to bare steel.
Attached Images

Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote