View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 11:00 AM   #1040
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

You're welcome but it's shared motivation. Your fabulous interior has shamed me into getting more finished on mine. ( For anyone who missed it here's a link to Woody's interior http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=803674&page=2 )

This the first installment of the rear panel creation and installation project. I laid out the old pieces on some new plywood to get a basic pattern of the parts. Of the three pieces only the passenger side piece is a factory piece and it is from a newer year with parchment scrolled vinyl. (Right side of photo #1)

The smallest piece is something the PO had installed where the spare tire goes. (He completely covered the spare tire storage and didn't carry a spare tire. I'm not that lucky, so I removed the hinges cover over the well and got a spare tire.) I'm going to try and use it with a spare tire. (Photo #4)

After a dozen or more test fittings of each one (And several good sized slivers! Time for some new gloves.) I got the new wood pieces cut out. Then I needed to start deciphering the puzzle of brackets that hold the the panels in place. Somewhere along the way my Burban lost all but one of the the factory metal brackets that hold the panels. Fortunately for me Richard2717 came to the rescue and not only provided photos of how the factory installed the brackets but he also provided me with brackets! All hail Richard2717!!! (Last photo. )
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote