View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 08:10 PM   #38
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

First start up. We're using the Holley Terminator and we are having issues with the tuning. Seems like the Terminator is behind the curve with the GenV LT motors that have aftermarket camshafts. The majority of camshaft manufacturers make the fuel pump lobe 33% larger in order to bump fuel press. Then I was having problems with the MAP sensor, so I finally plugged the hole up and used the Holley internal MAP. Got the truck to idle and all that jazz, but as soon as I blip the throttle, it starts surging and acting a fool.

So Thursday Im taking the truck to get an alignment and then I will take it straight to Gwatney Performance Innovation and drop it off. Im real good friends with all the guys down there, so hopefully they can get it lined out...because it's above my pay grade on this tuning.

I've have touched every thing on this truck besides the body, everything else has been removed, modified or replaced with new parts.

But Im really happy with this truck and how far it has came since last Sept. When it gets ironed out, its gonna be a nasty little SOB.
Attached Images

1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote