Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #112
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

With the long Thanksgiving weekend behind us I was finally able to get back into the shop. My bed is "done" for now and waiting for me to take it to the booth to spot the color in a couple areas and then matte clear the entire thing. Once that happens I will make another post on finishing the fuel filler, the last steps on the rolled pan and the paint process.

Todays post is a shorter one and will focus on the new Dynacorn front inner fender wells. I had top notch them for the front suspension. Doing so left a simple cut of an opening that looked very unfinished to me. I took some round stock I had and bent it to shape and then welded it fully around the perimeter. With the help of some body filler this will now give not only strength to the panel opening, but also create a nice radius there as well. Much more pleasing to the eye I think. This is just the first coat of filler down and sanded roughly to shape it. One more coat to finish it off then primer. Hope you agree.....

Oh, lastly... on each fender well there are two holes that are there that also have a Bump out to them. They are towards the top and front of each one. It's been so long since I took the truck apart I don't remember what they are for. Can anyone remind me please?

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote