View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Nova_Cobra64

Re: Out of boredom....

Despite not having much to report, I wouldn't feel right going back to work without posting something. I didn't really accomplish much this time around. Tore the entire frame right down and had a good look over everything. I didn't bother posting pictures on my Flickr, largely because there isn't much to see but a frame in a thousand pieces. The cross shafts on the passenger side were pretty seized up. I found the cab mounts on the passenger side to be in rough shape. The trailing arms are beat to hell.

The last week was more about spending money than getting stuff done. Bought a new laptop. Picked up some argon/co2 blend for the mig. Found a good deal on a larger air compressor. Ordered a Devilbiss Finishline 3 and regulator/filter assembly. And I capped it all off with a $3000 order from Jegs this evening (front drive accessories, procar seats, moroso adapter plates, fuel system, fuel cell). I'm still waiting on info for a vintage air setup as well as a shipping quote from Brothers for some misc items as well as a power brake conversion, one piece windows and sway bar. I'm becoming a little disappointed with Keisler right now, I've contacted them 3 times over the past couple months and have only got one reply stating that they would get me a quote within 2 business days, and that was a month ago. With as popular as the RS transmissions have been I really hope to get one by fall.

I've set some time based goals. I'd like to have the frame painted, with the engine and tranny mounted, fuel system plumbed in, suspension and brakes set up by late fall. At which point I will hopefully get it out of the garage (no idea where I will put it at that point). I want the cab (and possibly box) sandblasted by late fall (before it snows). That gives me the winter to do the body work. Hopefully paint and final assembly by mid summer, and a couple months to drive it before the snow flies.

Next set of days off I plan to strip the spindles, rotors, calipers and differential out of the parts truck. Hopefully I can get somebody lined up to sandblast the frame. If time allows I hope to start tearing the diffs apart so I can put the 4.11 and posi carrier into the 5 bolt rear end. I plan to build some trailing arms of my own, so I may start on that as well.
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote