View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 10:05 PM   #81
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

The project has been on hold for a while. Covid, work, and life have all gotten in the way. I also found out that my painter wasn't quite ready for my parts yet. So, I took some months off. I've just been accumulating more parts for the build and trying my best to stay organized with it all.

During the winter months, I decided that I needed to paint the new engine block. Even though the paint was a little faded, I was originally content with leaving it alone. After thoroughly looking it over, I noticed some corrosion on the outside of the block as well as some road grime. I didn't want the block to stand out from all the new parts that will be going on it. I did some research and figured out what paint I wanted to use. I decided to go with VHT engine enamel. I've used VHT paint in the past and I was always impressed at how well it sprayed and covered. Very durable too!

I also found something pretty cool that will help me get better paint results with little to no cleanup. A spray tent with built-in floor!!!

I've been waiting on warmer temps so I could get this done. I have been hopeful for 70F and low humidity. It has taken a while, but the time is finally here. This will be the last time the engine looks like this...

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote