View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
rpmerf

Disc Brake Conversion - Brake Line Routing

70 C20, 83 C20 parts truck. I think I have everything sorted out aside from how I will run the hard brake lines. As I see it, I have the following options.

1. Follow the 73-87 routing with the prop valve under the fan. I will need to drill holes to mount the prop valve. It appears I have holes in the frame I can use for the flex hoses. I like this option because the routing matches the rest of the front brake system. The flex lines should be the proper length. I will have to buy and bend basically all new lines for this.

2. Follow the 67-70 routing with the prop valve under the master. Plug one front port on the prop valve, so I can use the old line with a T. Connect the flex hose to the stock location. This one is nice because I can reuse my front lines. It makes it easier to install a line lock if I want. I am not too crazy about plugging a port on the prop valve. I am not sure how well the flex lines line up / reach.

3. Hybrid - Follow the 67-70 routing, but use 2 front lines rather than 1 line and a T. This solution seems OK. No plugging lines on the prop valve. Have to remake the front lines
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote