View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #18
Pick121

Re: Wiring Harness Options (Classic Update Kit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
I have the Classic Update Kit.
If your truck is stock it would be better/easier to purchase the OEM matching harness.
To install the Classic Update Kit you will need a special crimping tool that folds the ends of the connectors in like the factory did. They are not the cheap ones at the auto parts stores.
The Colors seem to match the factory colors.
Typically one end of the harness is finished and you have to to the rest. No it's not that difficult but is sure is time consuming.
I would recommend it if you are modify your truck like installing an LS motor our moving the gas tank. Also includes some niceties like a wire to convert your cargo light into a third back up lamp.
Yes, wiring for the whole truck in included.
I believe it is set up for a HEI. (only difference is no resister wire needed for the HEI)
Do I have to assemble it? Yes some assembly is required. Actually quit a bit.
What about internally regulated alternator? This I don't know about. I suspect it is customizable but I haven't opened the engine harness yet.
Cheers.
Rick
Hi, unfortunately there are a few mods, the PO installed a 350 V8 crate engine with alternator, DUI Street-Strip distributor, electric engine fan, and I do plan to relocate the fuel tank to under bed (keep mechanical fuel pump), but my understanding that electrically it is just running a longer wire to the back (and ground it). However I plan to keep mostly stock so for cost maybe I will look into the stock harnesses, and just customize the necessary wiring for the engine needs. That AAW kit is pricey along with the crimper! Thanks for the advice
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote