View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 08:05 AM   #8
RWB-713

Re: 1981 C10 - "First Ride"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Man that truck is laser straight! Lucky!!!

Great to see you are tearing into it. Can you do me favor and take a close up pic of the DIESEL emblem under the fender badge? 81 is a special year as it was the last year of the Olds diesel and first year of the new body and badge designs. I've never been able to find a picture of what the diesel badge looked like that year.

Thanks!
Yessir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Also, if that truck has been repainted, they did an amazing job not getting overspray on anything...I feel like that might be the original paint.
I don't know if the whole truck has been repainted, I assume it has because it's in way too good of shape to be 40 year old paint I feel...but the condition of this truck continues to surprise me as we dive further in, I keep waiting to find hidden cancer, but nothing as of yet...At the very least, there's been work done to the passenger front fender, but it looks to me minor and a great blend job if it was painted at a different time than the rest of the truck.
RWB-713 is offline   Reply With Quote