View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #9
dmjlambert

Re: How do you remove the needle seat in a 69 Quadrajet

Update: I put a #5 easy out in it and twisted. It turned when applying quite a bit of force, but it did not rise even after several turns. So I pulled on the easy out with quite a bit of force after grabbing it with vice grips. I pulled and twisted. I pulled some more. I pulled hard as hell. Then it came out and almost took off my ear. That was difficult. I certainly didn't find any videos on youtube like that.

So, this is what it looks like in picture 1, and I am browsing online and found picture 2 on eBay. I think I am going to check at O'Reilly's or Advance tomorrow and see what they say. Nothing like that in the carb kit, I don't think. I have not opened it yet, so I may just return it if they have another kit with my weird seat and needle.

And of course, there is a ridiculous amount of crud built up under that seat, almost 48 years worth, I'm talking 1/4 inch of sludge. The seat itself is completely plugged. No wonder I can't get fuel into the carb (except by pouring it in the top).
Attached Images

Last edited by dmjlambert; 06-19-2016 at 01:52 AM.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote