View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #74
CamaroChris

Re: 1986 suburban build with 6.0l swap

Tonight I figured out how video games have enhanced my life, You see I used to be really good at Tetris.

Spent a ridiculous amount of time on the HVAC box like 5 hours, I went to the paint store and bought a box pf 3M strip calk. Thanks BTW Scott! I would have never known about this stuff. what a mess I made for my self. but,I finally got a good seal around my firewall. also hid the wires underneath the box instead of over it.

Got my throttle cable, Its way too long so I ordered a 36" instead of the 48"

I also just ordered another radiatior/dual fan combo. the guy sent me the 17" core insted of the 19" core I needed for the 'burb. after month and a half of talking back and forth with the seller. He payed for shipping to sent this radiator back but by then I was frustrated and I decided to just keep the 17" one for the C10. I ordered from a different company this time. I sugjest If you buy from entropy that you be very specific on how you want your radiatior. When i told him he sent me the wrong one he said "well I thought you wanted the BARE minimum radiator :Angryas****smiley: I said if i wanted the bare minimum I would have bought a champion one, NOT the 700$ one. He then said that I had to give him 400 more for the 19' core. after arguing he gave in and I gave up. I bought a American eagle one this time for 1/4 of the price and I cant tell a difference between the two. I honestly think he takes the cheapo one, and slaps his name on it. BUT I wont know for sure until I compare the two when it shows up

also ordered a complete carpet set from Stockinteriors.com for both trucks. Suburban got charcoal carpet because thats the color I'm doing the seats. the c10 got black.

All the seats out of the burb are loaded in the back of my truck and are going to the upholster Mike Harris on Monday. I think he said a week and a half to finish them. I chose charcoal vinyl and he Is going to build up the lumbar and make the seats look like the ones in my Yukon. the seams will be double stitched and NO tubes (I hate the tube)

Today I also scored A 91 burb gas tank with the correct baffles in it. and with it came a cowl induction hood. think it will go on the c10 cause I have already jammed the hood off the burb.

I'm tired and going to bed :lol2:
1987 Jimmy Build, Project Cheap A$$ Build Link
CamaroChris is offline   Reply With Quote