View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #73
TKCR

Re: Bench Seat, Having it Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shongo View Post
I have a good seat with good foam. I just wanted this style (81-87) cover installed and wanted to know if it would work. The stitch pattern looks nicer to me than what is offered for the 73-80 seats...in my opinion. Any idea if the cover will fit without much hassle (understanding that the foam is slightly different)? Just looking for advise for someone with a lot of knowledge on these seats. I don't want to buy something that doesn't work. Thanks
No it won't fit. The seat bottom frame and foam are longer, I'm almost 100%. Give me some time and I'll actually try it out. I have a cover for a 73-80, that hasn't been installed onto a seat yet. I'll attempt to put it on a 81-87 frame and foam and see what happens. And then Monday I will have a 81-87 cover, and then I'll do the same, try to put it on a 73-80 frame and foam. And then I'll will post back with the results. That way, anyone with the same question will know.

But you do have another option, take your seat to an upholstery shop and have them custom make you a cover like the Deluxe style. It will be more costly. And if you don't care about your cover being model year specific, then this might be your only choice.

The 2 pics I'm attaching are the styles for the 73-80. Of course there are different color variations, and then if its all vinyl or vinyl/velour combo.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote