View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #16
bigschuss

Re: Upholstery pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
They are very expensive. Your looking at anywhere between $800-$2000 for covers alone. The low end of that, is for Benchseats for the pickups. I’ve had people insisted on have the “exact” material that was used. It try to tell them it’s going to cost more, but they want to know anyways. So when I tell them $800 just for the cover, when my entire complete restored BenchSeat is $800. That would make my seats about $1400-$1500 now. Why? When there are color matched, comparable and less expensive fabrics out there. SEM, is like paying top $$$ for NOS parts. And I’m not saying there’s nothing wrong with paying for NOS if you have the means to do so. But when there is comparable products out there for less, then it boils down on what your willing to spend. Seats are expensive enough, especially bucket seats and then add the rear seat from the Blazer. Just sayin’
I totally hear you. I don't necessarily need OEM fabric. I'd be quite happy with some type of similar burgundy/red plaid material that was decently color matched to my K5's burgundy interior.

Would you recommend a supplier?

Thanks.
bigschuss is offline   Reply With Quote