View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 07:10 PM   #6
kwmech

Re: 8 cylinder Engine size emblem on 1968 C10 fender ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junqueboi View Post
Back in 1992 or 1993, my father opened a scrap yard up in Alabama and the second vehicle he got in happened to be a 1968 long bed C10 with factory 396..he said an old farmer brought it and a '70 Sedan De Ville in...

ANYWAY, this truck did have 396 emblems directly over the front marker lights -- to this day I have never seen any emblems like them -- They were the same style emblems as the "283", "327", and "409" tall chrome emblems that were placed above the crossed-flags emblem you'd see on '64 - '67 Impalas.

I managed to talk my father into having it towed to the house because it was so rare -- he obliged, but a few years later while I was away at school, some guy spotted it in the backyard and gave him $600 for it. It kills me because '68 is my favorite year.

The truck was light blue with a white top, and although rough..was complete. Anyway, few will believe me especially since I have no pictures of it, but I swear it's true! I tried searching for this emblem on the net & cannot see where it even existed. Oh well, it was what it was.

Like this
Attached Images

kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote