View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #22
Average Joe

Re: The 'Burban Chronicles.....

Since I am talking about suspension, I should probably tell you what has been done to the front end as well. In keeping with my low buck theme I decided to forgo dropped spindles. At least for now.

The springs are newer stock height small block replacement units that I had installed on my '69. When used under the weight of the cast iron headed big block, they sag perhaps an inch or so. I had only used them in a BB application so I am only offering an educated guess here. I do know there was a definite rake from front to back. So in addition to the 1" sag, 1 complete coil has been cut off. This gained me another 3". The factory bump stops had to be removed, as they were now hitting on bumps. As of 2018, the stock height shocks are still in place. They dont seem to be bottoming out. I am very cautious at speed bumps and other obstacles though. I would like to add a shorter shock in the near future.

As I mentioned earlier, the rusty '86 C20 donated its factory front 1.125" sway bar. The install was very easy as only 2 rivots had to be removed iirc. The other holes were already there. I used the '86 brackets as well. I was in a rush to install it so I reused the factory 32 year old rubber bushings. However the improvement it made in handling was still incredible. I dare to say one of the best improvements that can be done for a non equipped Chevy.

Before and after lol!
Attached Images

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote