View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #7
cableguy0

Re: If you like destruction -

I vote short block ripped itself apart from the rpm due to poor balancing. I wouldn't have much hope for saving anything other than the valvetrain. Hopefully the connecting rods stayed connected aren't weren't able to tag the camshaft. That engine bay looks great and its a shame to yank that engine. Please take pictures and keep us updated. Im curious as to what failed and we can probably figure out the cause.

On a side note my very first experience with an engine builder was terrible. I was 15yrs old and dumped every dollar I made into a bottom end that lasted 500 miles before it turned 2 connecting rods blue, spun bearings and broke a main cap from being so out of balance. I feel your pain however the place I ended up going to for the next one was the place I ended up working at and learning a huge chunk of what I know. I ended up running the speed shop there as well as being a general mechanic and learning machine processes and the proper way to do things. I might have pissed away 1000 bucks on the first short block but that was a damn cheap education for the knowledge I ended up with in the end.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote