View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #472
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

The license plate frame arrived yesterday. It looked great, but needed to be recessed for the plate. Set it up on the mill and plunged about .090" into the backside and walked around the perimeter to where the plate would just fit down inside it. Now when it's tightened up against the bumper, there's no ugly gap showing along the top edge.

Carefully measured for the backup camera location and milled a window into the license plate for it to extend thru. The mounting plate for the camera came with double sided tape to hold it while drilling the holes for the fasteners. Put the LP in place with the camera sticking thru it. Gently stuck the camera to the bumper and removed the license plate. Marked the location of the mounting tabs, held my breath and pried the mount off the bumper surface. With the camera safely removed, I drilled a hole thru the bumper for the cable and then re-positioned the mount using my marks as a guide. Drilled four small holes for the mounting screws and the hard part was done.

All that was left to do was hook up the cable and reinstall the plate. The location may be a bit unusual, but I didn't want it perched somewhere it could get knocked off, broken or stick out like a sore thumb.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote