View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
Brocko

Re: 1966 Chevy C-10 New project-need help

thanks for the comments guys!
quick update.
I've continued to sand and paint the frame with rusty metal products.
I've also began work with fixing the drum brakes. I purchased a new master cylinder at a nearby autoparts store for 40$ and new brake fluid/rebuild kits(the new springs/drum parts. I also bought new shoes for all four brakes. I was able to get the drums turned for 10$ each rather than buying them all new from the same parts store for $30 each. So when its all said and done, I'll have new drum brakes all the way around and a new master cylinder for under $200. I thought that wasnt too bad. I'm trying to keep my expenses low while maintaining the truck back to original condition. Thats why I went with all drum brakes. What do you guys think? are four new drum brakes good?

Also I've had an issue with getting one of the drums off. front drivers side. it is extremely locked up and i tryed to take the bearing out but jamed/bent it in the process. so i bought a new brearing and grease for all the brakes. I'm thinking about just drilling the bearing out with a metal bit and inserting the new one. Sound good? any advice is great thanks guys! Also where do I start when trying to fix the a/c?
Brocko is offline   Reply With Quote