View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #10
LBJ

Re: 77 Bonanza Windshield Washer Spray Pump?

Hi Gary, I think the only problem is that on the first use, the electric motor has to spin up and pull the fluid into the line to prime the pump, and it takes a second or two. But, it does work. I had to get used to the way the electric motor worked the pump. And, not having it hooked up for 12 years, kinda forgot how it used to work anyway. Once you get it primed and pumping the first time, then repeated depressions of the spray button keeps the fluid coming in programmed "spurts." In other words, there is a circuit board in there that tells the motor to cut off after a few seconds of spraying. Perhaps the hardest thing so far, once I got it working, is to "re-aim" the spray nozzles at the windshield after having them off the truck for 12 years! haha. But, be SURE to ALSO ground the metal frame as well as having the ground wire connected next to the hot wire. On mine, there is a short ground loop on the firewall right behind the wiper motor that connects to the metal frame and that should take care of that. And the best thing is the new pump looks factory! Lane
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote