View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:15 AM   #74
Ptjsk

Re: Ptjsk '72 Jimmy Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Good progress.

That sealant is not original. It’s on top of what appears to be factory paint. Wonder why?

Consider keeping the wheel wells free of carpet to keep that factory look, it’s not the norm these days but you can always add it later.

Do the bedsides have holes to accommodate double wall tops or are there just provisions for a single wall top?
I think the original owner went above and beyond with his attempts to preserve the truck. And for the most part, it appears to have worked very well.

The carpet kit I ordered came with wheel well covers. It looks like you're stating that they never did have carpet over the top of them? If that's the case, I will leave the carpet, as well as the dynamat off of the wheel wells.

The long panels are in serviceable shape. They're not perfect by any means, but I plan to use them as they are the originals.

Do you think I should put dynamat on the inside of the bed? I think I may leave insulation out of them.

Also, I really wouldn't know what to look for as far as mounts for a double wall top.

Thanks,

Pat
Ptjsk is offline   Reply With Quote