View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 09:17 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Promised myself no more and then this happened

I had this 72 Burb ages ago. Wasn't a pretty rig, and while I did drive it a fair amount, it let me down a couple of times.

Brakes went out downtown Seattle at commute home time (35ish miles). Had to use the parking brake, course the handle came off. Interesting drive home.

Headed to another board members place down in central Oregon, pulling my trailer to pick up a truck. Engine puked, but was able to nurse it enough to find a U-Haul rental place. Rented a truck, loaded the burb on the trailer and pulled it home with the U-Haul.

I was pretty PO'd at it by that time. Burb languished in the barn, covered in bird poop. Switched owners a couple of time, ended up with a buddy. I had gotten over my anger haha and wanted it back. Nope he was keeping it. It sat for ten years give or take. A few parts were removed, tarped some of the time.

We were talking a little bit ago and I said there were only two truck I wish I would have kept, and one of them was the burb ... He sold it back to me!

I dont have any recent pics, just old ones of it sitting in my driveway back in the day.

Im not letting it go, but I did promise myself no more than one truck at a time. Ive recently started (slowly) working on my C30 again ... Just have to wait and see haha! Maybe two trucks is ok =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291

Last edited by CG; 07-23-2021 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Phrasing
CG is offline   Reply With Quote