View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
Guardrail
And Don't Call Me Shirley

Re: cutting the dash

Wow, I've been going back and forth in my head about this subject since aquiring my truck. As a bonified GM muscle car nut, I have NEVER cut a dash on any car I've ever owned. I tend to fall in love with cars that are more stock than hot rodded but each one has required at least some modification to get it just like I want it. I kinda like the "period correct" thing with some vehicle's, but lately I've been wanting some better tunes.

I love my truck a lot and for a couple of months now I use it every day. I've shuttled the kids around in it, hauled stuff to the dumps, hauled bags of "pothole patch", pulled my daughter's horse trailer, and used it for grocery shopping. All these things are things I never do with a Chevelle or Camaro, and that makes me realize that I'm using this truck as a tool to get stuff done. And I am willing to modify a tool to make it easier to use. Hence, I have decided to cut the dash of this fine old truck and install a DIN CD player that is Sirius capable. I've settled on one that has two big knobs and "sorta" reminds me of an old style GM radio. What do you guy's think of my decision?
Attached Images

1972 K10 Longbed (restoration begins June 2020)
Guardrail is offline   Reply With Quote