View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #16
yossarian19

Re: 1 ton front suspension

There's no kit and no easy donor. The I-beam axles have a drop built in. Go wtih straight tubing or a 4wd axle and you raise the front end considerably.

As was mentioned, the Industrial Chassis kit is your best bet. It uses Dakota parts. Before you throw up in your mouth, listen to this: the Dakota used bearings & ball joints that also went on the full-ton D300. You can run 8 x 6.5 rotors on it and full size GM calipers if you want to. There are guys running Viper brakes on these spindles, too, if you want to get nutty. With V8 Dakota springs in there you should wind up pretty level.

You can also use a C20 crossmember and some steel to get IFS + heavy hauling ability.

Having sunk a bunch of money into improving an I-beam suspension myself, I can say, it's silly. I'd have been cheaper doing the Industrial Chassis kit and I'd have a much better handling truck. Then again that wasn't an option when I was building mine, so what the hey. maybe next go - round.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote