View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #17
62ChevyC60Wrecker

Re: Working on front axle Dana 44 84 Chevy Suburban

It's been a while since I posted; work has been crazy busy and I have been getting things done on the 84 Burb; Front Axle completely rebuilt (short of new differential); only rebuilt the stub shafts with new U joints, new rotors, calipers, wheel studs & lug nuts and new flexible brake lines. Had to replace the driver side manifold as I lack a proper torch to burn out the broken stud; not throwing it out however. I had the rear axle brakes rebuilt at a local shop; interesting thing on the 84 burbs is depending on which axle out of 3 they used; they had three different drums with different backspacing. It was the last set teh shop ordered that was the correct drum. I changed the spark plugs and think I accidentally moved the #7 wire to the #5 spot and vice versa. The truck idles fine in teh driveway, but when driving it & under load it backfires A LOT. Get to read my shop manuals finally to figure out the correct order for the plug wire locations on the cap. I have added more photos to the Flickr link I posted. I am also going to change out the switches for the power tail gate and rear heat & A/C as the OEM ones are no longer made. I sent a query to the K5 Nation page and they told me to simply cut the original copper clips off the factory wire and use a solderless terminal; just to remember to put them back onto the new switch like the old one was setup. I also found a lead for more Suburban parts; interior just north of Baldwin, Wisconsin; only about 50 miles from me.
62ChevyC60Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote