View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
jtj143

Re: 99 Suburban Parting Out

Quote:
palallin
If no interest in the right barn door as a whole, I'd like to talk about the trim/interior panel.
Palallin, I'll wait a day or two more to see what 1972 CST has to say.

Quote:
orange72blazer
I'll take the sill plate. Just let me know how much shipping will be to Grand Rapids, MI 49315

I am also interested in just the drivers side barn door I dont need the interior panel. How much for just that door & shipping to Grand Rapids, MI 49315? How is the paint on it, is there any rust dents scratches?
Thanks
Orange72Blazer, Your sill plate is ready to ship, but I will hold it a couple of days to see if the driver's side barn door is still available.

Quote:
BarryB
in order to remove the hinge pins on the barn doors. Do you have a acetylene oxy. torch. I had to heat the hinge at the top. then took my air chisel on the bottom of the pin, they slide right out. they are similar to a lug stug, has splines on top. thought I'd throw that out there. just in case some didn't know.
Thanks for the advice Barry, I used a propane torch and a nail-set with a two pound short handled sledge - use what ya got right?

It took about two hours and four beers to get one door off.

I boogered up the paint just a little bit. This was already the worse of the doors.

On the second barn door should I cut the hinges, or burn the paint heating the hinges? What's your advice??

Quote:
48cj2a
Did you ever have any issues with the radio or CD having no output (sound)? I need the littllle aluminum AMP box above the gas pedal
48cj2a, the radio did not work at all.

Quote:
Would you be willing to cut about 6-8 inches on each side of the fuel door? I need that for my 71 burb? I'd want the neck also, if possible.
5150, I'm keeping the fuel door and filler neck...just in case I move the tank on the '71.
'65 GMC Suburban 4X4, '71 GMC 4X4 LWB - The Yellow Eyed Monster, '86 C10 Silverado - Oldest Daughter's Pickup, '88 S15 GMC Work Truck, '95 GMC SLE 4X4 - Second Daughter's Truck, '99 K1500 GMC Suburban Road Trip Machine, 2000 C2500 W/T Utility Bed Work Truck, '03 Silverado - Wife's Grocery Getter
jtj143 is offline   Reply With Quote