View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #412
jaros44sr

Re: 1969 K10 CST Full Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
Jim that's a tough question and we talked about it today after I saw your post. This build definitely felt harder...because we had to tread trodden ground with do overs and restarts on several occasions (and it literally took 3 months longer than we expected). There were several moments where we arrived at an "impasse". Eric should weigh in, but I suspect he may say "PAINT" in general. I don't feel that because I know he's going to nail it and luckily that's not on my plate . I could think of a few things that I had to walk away from and otherwise had me whipped for at least 24hrs. But probably the best answer to your question I think would be the windshield install with trim. Because we struggled on it together over a couple of days and I felt at different points mentally and physically defeated...and we had to order more weatherstrip! Eric will likely tell you that we've got it figured out now and it'll be no problem next time. Maybe he's right, but I don't relish the fight.

Edit: Thanks for your kind words by the way and for following along with us.
OK< then I will stay away from that job, and pay a professional, if 2 qualified men have to walk away for a while, that is enough evidence for me to call for help

Mine has fought me all the way but, only b/c I wanted certain things different, some systems have gotten better over the years. But, I'm excited again to go to work every day at Dales shop and conquer something.

Just last week I had to redo a double flare on the brake line to the rear, ok doesn't sound like much, but you have your peers looking at you, so I buy donuts every day

BTW, what rubber gasket did you use? and how does your brother like it?

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote