View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 08:58 PM   #15
71step35035012C10S

Re: To wet sand or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
If I had the elbow grease handy and the time, I would polish the brightworks, but that's not your questions (by the time you freshen up the paint you'll be inclined to do that too)...lightly wet sand the hideous areas, blend those areas in with the rest with a good buffing, and then wax it. You might loose some pinstriping, but your truck already has a great lived-in look to the finish. Start with the open and free-of-pin-stripe-areas and work into the stripes. By the time you get to the striped areas, you will have learned how to finesse the finish and just might be able to pull it off. If it does not work out for the stripes...you have your answer by default. You might even end up with some ghost stripes...that could be cool too!
Thanks for the advice. This sounds like my best bet at getting it to shine while maintaining the pinstripes.

I wouldn’t be so hard up on keeping the pinstripe if it wasn’t Art Himsl.

Who doesn’t love a new paint job, but I also appreciate the patina/ “lived-in” look and not opposed to go in that direction. If that was the case I’d keep the pinstripe for sure and clear coat the whole truck as is. Plus, I’d really like to keep the ability to actually use my truck and have it look pretty cool too and I know a new paint job is going to deter me from haphazardly chucking objects in the bed or letting my boys climb on the stepside etc.

I went digging around and found out today the original owner of this truck operated a welding shop next door to Art’s in Concord, CA. Putting that with SPID. I’m guessing he went to Art about redoing the factory stripe after the repaint and Art talked him into more.
Attached Images

Last edited by 71step35035012C10S; 01-08-2021 at 09:06 PM.
71step35035012C10S is offline   Reply With Quote