View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #112
special-K
Special Order

Re: Classic Trucks: Other Makes

I sold a '72 K/10 Custom Deluxe To a guy who drove the milk tanker by my house. First funny thing was he left a note with my wife that said "Call Gary Sunday". I waited till Sunday to call and he said it had been several days so he figured I wasn't calling. I said the note said call Sunday. "That's my last name"

So he buys the truck and I agree to follow him home using my tags. There's actually another story out of this but I'll just say I had a dead battery issue with the truck not long before he bought it. I replaced the alternator with another one I had, everything checked out fine. And I told him I had just fixed that. Following him home on a rainy day I noticed his lights seemed dim and his wipers were moving really slow. Next I hear a backfire and he stops rolling, dead in the water, dead battery. He was feeling mighty skeptical about his purchase at that point. "Didn't even get it home before it broke down". I assured him it was just that I hadn't driven it since the repair and I would fix it or pay to have it fixed. Turned out a connector on one of the wires was the culprit

Longbeds, too
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-11-2021 at 06:57 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote