Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Like your scoop idea
Nice progress
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I like the GT500 piece. Even considered one for my g-body project for similar reasons as you (uninspiring flat OE look & overdone GM Cowl Induction option).

*Other GM options are on my list as well but similar issue w/requirement of a whole hood for sacrificial parts is not so cost effective.
That's the truth! If I bought a whole hood, I'd feel obliged to use it all.

The buddy project in the shop is nearing the finish line for me which means I can spend a little more time on MY stuff. I've moved on to patching the firewall extensions that function as a gravel guard at the rear of the wheel well. There was a lot of tin worm, but I was able to salvage pieces of the original to use as a pattern. Right now, I have the pieces held in place with clecos but they will eventually be welded together. I still need to mockup the fender to see how the outboard edge lines up.

A PO welded in some heavy gauge patch panels (possibly from Crites) that are meant to stiffen he area down by the toe boards. It would be too much effort to remove them, plus they do add a lot of strength. So, I'll just use panel adhesive to glue the remaining original sheet metal to the aftermarket patches that have been added. I don't care much for welding patch panels over existing rotted metal, but you see a lot of that where speed is more important than cosmetics.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote